Wednesday 8 May 2013

Bruce Montagne

When researching about close up photography for textures this was a website I found with some useful tips:

http://www.cgtextures.com/content.php?action=tutorial&name=shootingtextures

Burce Montagne has taken images in the northern United States and Canada. His interests and hobbies are always developing his knowledge and improving to take the best images by travelling and focusing on landscape, wildlife and texture photography. This photographer is relevant to me for my final piece as he looks at different types of textures which is a important layer to me when creating my final piece.

He quotes - "I find concentrating on textures often brings order to the visual chaos inherent in wild places.
To heighten my awareness, I force myself to slow down so I can focus on the rhythms within the landscape. It may be the lines in birch bark or the stones on a beach that catch my eye. This approach helps me to reveal the essence of my surroundings"

"Making beautiful images has never been enough for me. Nature has stories to tell. They spring from the things I see and the events I witness. They may be told by beach stones, a baby fox, the boreal forest or a family of sandhill cranes. I slow my pace to uncover them using my camera like a writer uses a pen."


Wind-Sculpted Snow Patterns: Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, Ontario  Mute Swan Feathers: Southeast Michigan

Both of these images have a way of rhythm to them either landscape or portrait. They have a very light pink natural tone to them which will give a nice effect when layering if wanting a natural subtle photo as the opacity on Photoshop will change this nicely. When taking photos of textures structure is really important to think about and the rule of thirds, as you may want the texture to the side so it can be a side piece on a layer or it could be a creative composition such as Montagnes second image. The right exposure must be done so the texture isn't too dark or light and sometimes depth of field could be useful as it could focus on a certain aspect of the photo which you may want to naturally highlight through the layers or on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment